Ninja (Short Film)


Here's one called 'Ninja'. This was a real challenge. Why? Because I had to learn how to play the 'Nunchuku' again and teaching it to a girl. When i was young, one of my favorite 'thing' is Nunchuku. I used to play around with my friends homemade one and practice. For no reasons, it became a piece of hobby. Perhaps, a talent. In the video, no fake editing cuts and angles, it was both characters ACTUALLY playing the Nunchuku.


I'm still a bit rusty and I had no idea its abit difficult when using gloves. So I found some Nunchuku somewhere in Bandar and decided to buy them and use them as props BEFORE the idea of ninja came up. A friend of mine introduced ninja to be another short film when she realizes that I had the stuff. Including the Anime sword which you see in the video. (Apparently from an Anime called Bleach). So we had to come up with a costume. I was actually going for those street-ninja styles by using boots. Not the actual ninja dressup. (There was a sarcastic comment about my ninja using boots).


I loved the idea, sat with Mienul and discussed about what to do with it. My action-comedy short films MUST include VFX and we thought about on what we could do in this one. Since I'm still new with VFX, i wanted to try lots of different things by referring to other videos and tutorials and use them in our short films.


After the short film 'Getaway', I was really fascinated with light saber effects (Star Wars) but had difficulty looking for the right one. (Long story). But then when Ninja idea came up, i wanted to try use those light saber effects. So I thought about using a NERF gun (Maverick) as a laser gun. It worked and was quite happy with it. Secondly, blowing up people is also a good practice cos now, knowing the basics, you could blow up a building which is yet to try one day.


Enjoy the video.

Post a Comment

Not Famous (My Band)

Not Famous (My Band)
Vocals/Guitarist

My Music

My Music
'...my personal compositions...'

Skype

Skype
Contact me on Skype, I don't like MSN! Search for "adam.grvs"

e-refferer

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP