Better Audio BUT No Audio Levels

My Rode VideoMic arrived a few days ago and was excited to unpack it out of the shipping box when I got back into my car. Bought batteries, got home and plugged it into my Canon 7D. Did some experiments, set on tripod and filmed myself talking, audio test. Now, I knew this was coming but apparently, you can't monitor the audio levels on a Canon 7D nor available headphone plug-ins in this model. On a Canon 5DMk2, latest firmware, it has those audio gain controls (AGC) and its quite helpful but if I'm not mistaken, it too does not have a headphone jack either.


However, I've managed to do a couple of takes by experimenting myself (distance-wise), from 1-5 meters away from the cam just to see the difference the audio can pickup. Results? It's really accurate and those people who highly recommended them were right! :) The Microphone is BRILLIANT! May need to do some more test though.


Tried it out on 'Laila + Ezam's wedding this week. So far, compared with the internal mics on 7D, its way much better, obviously. But there is some slight curiosity on a couple of things which I'm still experimenting. That is why its hard to know whether it sounds good or bad directly from camera until transferring it to the computer afterwards, not having any ways to listen OR monitor sound when recording.
August 6th - 8th, 2010. Wedding of 'Laila + Ezam'. Nice and cute couple, hehe :)  Friendly and a wonderful hospitality. Congratulations to both of you. See you again. :)

Post a Comment

Not Famous (My Band)

Not Famous (My Band)
Vocals/Guitarist

My Music

My Music
'...my personal compositions...'

Skype

Skype
Contact me on Skype, I don't like MSN! Search for "adam.grvs"

e-refferer

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP