Upside Down Pancake

As usual, the title has nothing to do with this. Probably. But most likely No.

Moments ago, I was editing this wedding video which I found out I really enjoy and have been constantly moving forward. A few cups of coffee (tea sounds better with the line) and music in the background by Jason Miraz. However, I realized I'm working quite fast as I normally do. I often walk my precious time in the back looking for the frame of mind to do it. It’s a habit really. But I hear it a lot. When working in the media field particularly ‘editing’, we seem to need a fresh brain and off course the mood to kick in. Apparently, night shift is the way to go.

Anyways, what I’m really trying to say is that, since I’ve moved from mini-DV camcorders to HD DSLR, working seems to be so much easier from before. In what terms you wonder? Memory cards. You shoot, you record them in your little CF/SD cards and transfer into your system just by inserting them into your reader. So now, I’m saving so much time from capturing DV-tapes which in general takes 60minutes. I usually finish a full package wedding with 2-3 times by the end of the day. Approximately 3 bloody hours of valuable time loss.

Although, for those who are doing what I’m doing, you need a bigger disc space to back your files up. Once gone, You’re dead! (There’s no good explanation to tell your clients) I back my files up with 3 hard drives and that’s a lot. My only problem at the moment is I’m running out of them! Need to go out and get another drive.

As for the speed-ness in editing, it’s all good. I thought I needed to install bigger RAM. But as a matter of fact, that’s not really the solution. I just need MORE space. RAM is fine. Computer is fast and rendering time is average. But its still acceptable. Manage to put on a smile every time I finish a video. :)



Post a Comment

Not Famous (My Band)

Not Famous (My Band)
Vocals/Guitarist

My Music

My Music
'...my personal compositions...'

Skype

Skype
Contact me on Skype, I don't like MSN! Search for "adam.grvs"

e-refferer

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP