I'm Officially On High Definition

 
This week's wedding goes to 'Bani & Sam'. What a lovely wedding I must say. Many of you may find it disturbing but yes, MY people is getting married with YOUR people. I kid around like this sometimes with my friends since I get this gestures of  me being the only white person in a crowd. So yea, MY people. My white English neighbors. HAHAHA! (Hysterically)

Visual Dimensions (Eyan, Saiful & myself) has stepped into the world of HD, officially today. We shot the entire wedding (well, until this upcoming Sunday) with our DSLRs. Yes, but no. Can't afford that yet but instead, Canon EOS 500D. It was quite interesting and challenging to be carrying around these cameras where others seemed to pause and smile to the camera for several seconds until we say, 'Sorry...this is video'.  Then they'll be like 'Ohhhh....we thought it was a camera'. Yes it is but yea...we're using it as video. But why? From the amazement I had after discovering these HD-DSLRs, its a beauty!!! In words I really could not describe. I'm a videographer not your instruction manual.

The disadvantages with it though are quite obvious. You can't really do a zoom in and out without maintaining  your focus. HDs are really sensitive where it could mess the footage up with only a little tap. That's why, inventors invented 'Follow - focus' adapters for smoother focus. That goes with the zoom, there are some equipment you could get to have it like a camcorder feel to zoom in and out smoothley. I don't know, heard of it but haven't really got around to read articles or pages of it. Will do in a minute. Other than that, to create a look for the camera so that people don't think you're a joke by using DSLR. But what do you know, its all about the final product. Doesn't mean BIG stuffs are actually good. Nowadays, things just gets smaller.

After trying to shoot a wedding with our 500Ds, me and Eyan seemed to get the picture of what lies behind the creativity in HD-DSLRs (especially weddings).One things for sure, its slow and so you have to be quick! Know the patterns of a malay wedding and you're fine. :)




Post a Comment

Not Famous (My Band)

Not Famous (My Band)
Vocals/Guitarist

My Music

My Music
'...my personal compositions...'

Skype

Skype
Contact me on Skype, I don't like MSN! Search for "adam.grvs"

e-refferer

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP