MARY & MAX



Currently out in stores (clear copy, duhh…since everything is cinema quality release nowadays), comes another claymation film called ‘Mary & Max’ which had inspired me so much, I watched it twice since the film states in the opening credits that it is based on a true story. It has been the first Australian film of 2009 to gross over a million dollars.

I’ve always loved watching claymation feature films such as ‘Wallace & Gromit’ & ‘Chicken Run’. Stop motions are incredibly brilliant. Wish I could do that, been studying about it but seriously, its not easy.

The film takes place from 1976 to 1994 and tells the story of the unlikely pen-pal friendship that lasts for 18 years between Mary, a chubby lonely 8-year-old girl who lives in Mount Waverley, a suburb of Melbourne, Australia, and Max, a 44-year-old, severely obese, atheistic, Jewish man with ‘Asperger syndrome’ who lives in New York City.

The central focus of the movie is the letters shared between Mary and Max (from the ages of 8 to 26 and 44 to 62, respectively) and the stories behind their life and the lives of people around them.


Post a Comment

Not Famous (My Band)

Not Famous (My Band)
Vocals/Guitarist

My Music

My Music
'...my personal compositions...'

Skype

Skype
Contact me on Skype, I don't like MSN! Search for "adam.grvs"

e-refferer

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP