OFFENSIVE RIP-OFFs


Here I was a few days ago doing another session of documentary coverage at the Water Village in ‘Kg Bolkiah’ with Ritma Picturesque Production. Blah..blah..blah… and got sunburned over the face and luckily wasn’t that bad. I get these rashes and skin pilling problems if I stayed too long. Why? Because I’m white! And yes, ‘Orang Putih nda tahan panas’ as you say, for you ‘MELAYU’S’ who doubt me. Doesn’t sound nice now does it??



I only want to state one thing: Water Taxis are rip-offs. I was a tour guide for at least a year and a half and I obviously know how much it would cost for certain destinations. For locals, or residents of the water village, it should be cheap. BUT, what about locals from land? Does it have to be expensive? Are we like NOT Bruneian enough?? Do I need to wear a Ski mask to prevent from sun?

It doesn’t seem fair at all. The boat driver totally ripped us off for $40.00 2 ways. The distant to the venue only took like 2 minutes IF he had speed up abit. Instead, it took ages to get there. Slowing down the boat doesn’t mean we were renting it long now does it?

It’s really offensive. As for I, I know why they’d charge dreadfully expensive. It’s because I look like a foreigner to them. I understand. But I WAS, on a boat with 3 other locals and for more extreme details, they spoke 101% of fluent malay, they say words such as ‘buleh…’ and ‘kali ahh..’ and lastly, they’re brown. They look entirely local.

Post a Comment

Not Famous (My Band)

Not Famous (My Band)
Vocals/Guitarist

My Music

My Music
'...my personal compositions...'

Skype

Skype
Contact me on Skype, I don't like MSN! Search for "adam.grvs"

e-refferer

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP